Opus Energy’s apprenticeship scheme: Building a brighter future
5th March 2018
At Opus Energy, we are proud to play our part when it comes to supporting the next generation, bolstering the training and development of our employees at every stage of their career.
That’s why we run an apprenticeship scheme in our Northampton headquarters, working closely with Northampton College to give the brightest local talent a step up into the world of work.
Our programme, which started in 2012, has so far seen more than 40 apprentices gain their NVQ in Business Administration, while earning a full-time salary. Half of these apprentices chose to continue their career at Opus Energy, staying with us after achieving their qualification.
Our apprenticeship scheme at a glance:
- Open for applications now (last chance to apply is Friday 4th May)
- Starting salary of £14,000, rising to £18,500 after six months
- Full employee benefits – private health insurance, gym discounts, pension scheme, annual bonus, and more
- Lasts 18 months while you gain experience across many areas within our Customer Operations department
- Gain an NVQ in Business Administration while earning
- Full support from a dedicated Opus Energy mentor, while all studying and coursework can be completed during normal working hours
- An opportunity to develop your career – with guaranteed job offer at the end of your studies
Here are just a few reasons why we run our apprenticeship scheme…
Apprenticeships offer the best of both worlds to those starting off their career. Apprentices get a steady, well-supported transition into the workplace – while getting a full-time salary and a qualification.
Opus Energy believes in nurturing talent. When our employees want to develop their skills, we offer coaching, training and development opportunities. It’s one of the reasons why we don’t just offer our apprenticeships to students with Northampton College, but also to our existing team members who want to grow and learn.
We’re looking to the future. As well as our apprenticeship scheme, we also offer a graduate scheme across our Risk Management and IT departments. This programme runs for two years, rotating around the business to allow graduates a hands-on role in key business areas.
We strongly believe in coaching and developing talented individuals to become outstanding employees who can – and do – make a difference.